Sunday, March 9, 2008

where going


The time is coming that we are starting our fundraising for the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis. Most of you know that this is a disease that affects me and Teleah. The Great Strides Walk is a fundraising event put on every year. I have gone every year since Teleah was born. The first year Teleah was only eleven weeks old and the youngest person there that had cystic fibrosis. The first year I was so heart broken and overwhelmed by what I was looking at for her future. It was through these walks that I began to realize that i was not alone and other families did understand. Last year I got to talk to a med student that had not chosen a field to go into we talked about the lack of knowledge in the medical community for this disease. I do not know if CF is what she went into but I am sure she is more aware. So it is not just the money raised but also the awareness raised. In past years it has been just me and the girls to go alone and all of these other teams of huge numbers with t-shirts to announce who they were supporting. This year that is my goal I do not want to go alone again I want a team of people. I want t-shirts. Teleah is now getting old enough that she feel different at school and church because she takes pills and other kids don't. This is one day she wont feel different and I want people there to support her.


2 comments:

mjvan said...

When is the walk? I would love to go with you!

The Timothy's said...

GREAT STRIDES walk at the 2008 Champaign - Hessel Park walk on 04/26/2008. 10 am